It’s almost here! RiffTrax Live: Santa Claus Conquers the Martians in select U.S. theaters. Click here for showtimes and to get your tickets now!
For those unfamiliar, Rifftrax is a movie commentary company by three of the fellas that brought us Mystery Science Theater 3000. They make commentary for big budget movies, like Thor or The Hunger Games or Star Wars, etc. They only provide the commentary, you supply the movie and sync up the two for hilarity. They also do public domain movies and shorts and some licensed movies that they provide both movie and commentary synced, so that’s awesome.
They have a CyberMonday sale going on that’s pretty sweet, 20% off orders over $5, so stock up, man!
These are my reccs:
Digital Videos aka Video on Demand aka VOD (the public domain, licensed, and rifftrax live videos that come with both movie and rifftrax)
- The Apple - My favorite one so far. The musical is just a mess of a thing, and they riff it so beautifully. I always cry at the Mormonism joke at the end.
- The Star Wars Holiday Special - A close first for favorite, for mostly the same reasons as The Apple.
- Cool as Ice - If you are like how I was, you had always wanted to watch this super fly movie but were too embarrassed to, but now you finally have a good reason to own a movie Vanilla Ice starred in that your friends can’t judge you for!
- Tourist Trap - A bunch of 80s teens being killed by a guy that makes wax dummies with a twist everyone saw coming. Can’t get any better than that.
- The Guy from Harlem - A blacksploitation film, I love it for listening to 3 doughy white guys trying to do urban shit, but the movie is crazy funny itself.
- Mutant - An 80s zombie movie starring a dude named Wings, so, you know, it’s got that going for it. Especially important to watch if you’re gonna buy Nightmare at Noon later.
- Ghost House - An 80s ghost movie about a house. With a ghost. And an evil clown doll. Catch it for Pepe alone.
- Buffalo Rider - A bizarre movie about a man that rode a buffalo. Nothing like narration over shots of animal abuse….
- Galaxy Invader - …unless it’s Southern child abuse! Oh, and there’s an alien, I guess.
But really just get all of ‘em.
- The Norman series, so far available are 3 strange and mysterious shorts about a sad sack of shit named Norman and his groan-worthy life. Get them all: One, two and three.
- The Calendar: How to Use It -You’ll never use one ever again. Why do you even have one anymore for, anyway, grandpa?
- Magical Disappearing Money - A grocery witch teaches us the joys of powdered milk.
- Danger Keep Out - Canadian children teach us breaking backs is lucrative.
- Let’s Pretend: Magic Sneakers - I just don’t know.
- Join Hands, Let’s Go - See above
- Setting Up a Room - A half hour short about learning to set up a room. Really.
- What is Nothing? - Two small boys have an existential crisis.
- One Turkey, Two Turkey - A fun song about counting set over horrible shots of turkeys in tiny tiny cages.
- Tooth Truth - I just. A mess.
- Improve Your Pronunciation - An evil man traps some teens in his insane machinations.
- William’s Doll - 70s dad learns it’s okay for his son to have a doll but will still probably always worry it means he’s gay.
- Drugs Are Like That - You will learn to hate children
Once again, just get ‘em all.
- All the Harry Potter ones are pretty gold. I cry every time they make an eat slugs joke. They’re up to movie 7 part 1 atm.
- Same with all the Lord of the Rings.
- Annnnd Twilight.
- Captain America is tight.
- Thor is almost as tight.
- Avengers has some tight buns, too.
- Starship Troopers because I dunno just coz
- Birdemic should be watched JUST for Birdemic.
- I literally thought they wouldn’t be able to make Paranormal Activityinteresting, but they did, so that’s pretty awesome.
- The Room, enough said, I think.
- The Happening is good just to hear their spot on Mark Whalberg impressions.
- Glitter, which Mike riffs with MST3K alumnus Mary Jo Pehl, and it’s one of my faves.
And, again, just get them all. Who cares.
spocksucker asked: Will Santa Claus conquers the Martians be playing in Canada at all? It looks like it isn't but I am hoping desperately that I'm wrong.
Sorry, the Canadian chain that handles our live shows already had their December booked. We hope that we’ll be back in Canada for our future shows!
A little late on this, but anyway. I “recently” donated to the rifftrax kickstarter, and was excited to get these two shorts. However, I’m really anal retentive, and I need thumbnail/cover art for everything when browsing on my TV. Sadly, there was none for these two really awesome shorts. So I just made my own. If you were equally as stressed by this as me, then here you go. Hope that helps. They’re not perfect, but I figure it’s better than nothing. Whaddya think, sirs?
Hey, remember when I used to post stuff? Yeeeaaah… >_>
My BFF got us Cerebro and Magneto BFF bracelets. This is funny if you’re a Rifftrax fan, otherwise it’s probably just weird.
Here’s a RiffTrax tribute desktop background I threw together. Can you name them all? I would sell this (or a variation of it) as a poster if I didn’t think I would get sued six ways from Sunday.
Mike: And now The Pickled Babies sing soft rock hits direct from the mouth of Hell.
[Garbled morning school announcement]
Never never will you hide from me
Life was hard but doesn’t beat after all
I have such feelings for a dead robot
While remembering the past and all its love
[And now the buzzard joins in gently, tenderly]
Wherever you may find yourself
I wish you were dead
My own robot
My own my lady
You don’t have my love for you to hound dogs.
You find yourself hardwired with fits of angry rages
The blood flowing lifeless from your body
Your eyes are bright and will fill up the darkness
My own robot
My own my lady
So I guess you and I will stick it out
[A woman weeps a single tear]
— “The Song” from Swamp of the Ravens and Rifftrax
Seriously, if you haven’t yet, go buy this riff. It’s like The Room if it were codirected by Rob Zombie.